We I got nominated twice but–with most things–this totally escaped me for the longest time. Until now. I’d like to thank the wonderful people who’ve nominated me. Macaroon Delivery Man and Velveteen Rabbit of BF+GF Does Blogging and Sal from UmmBaby. Go check out their sites. They are rad people that post cool things on the regular!
Now onto the award. For many of you, you know the deal and how this goes down. For those who don’t: I’ll be answering questions, providing random facts about myself and issuing some questions of my own. Turnabout is fair play here!
BF + GF’s questions
1. What holiday makes you the most excited?
It’s a bank holiday: Boxing Day!
2. What do you like most about blogging?
Idea generation. I have all of these ideas in my head I can’t get them written down fast enough. The brainstorming aspect is just too fun!
3. What are you the most proud of?
My ability to tell stories. I can tell a wicked good story, let me tell you…
4. What is your least favourite song/genre?
5. What is your favourite weird-food combination?
Nutella on a spoon. It’s not weird, per se. But it’s decadent and people always give you strange looks when you mention it.
6. What’s your hardest beauty related addiction to break?
Buying trial sets for the packaging. Actually, buying trial sets in general.
7. What one product introduced you to the “beauty world”?
Bonne Bell Lip Smackers. Started from the bottom now we’re here.
8. You are allowed to set three “waypoints” anywhere in the world between which you can instantly and infinitely teleport. Where do you set them?
Vancouver, Paris, Tokyo
9. If you could pick any time/era to live, what would you pick?
Late 70s, early 80s. I want to hobnob and dance at Studio 54!
10. What tv shows/comics/cartoons/toys did you grow up with/ inspired you?
Sailor Moon (all iterations, especially the 90s anime) for how to create an awesome entrance and a healthy appreciation for a good transformation.
Cher from Clueless: Her wardrobe was the thing that my dreams were made of. Now it’s kind of real!
Lisa Frank stationary–swishy-haired rainbow unicorns?! UM YAHHS
11. How do you like to relax?
Hula hoop. Like a boss.
1. What is the inspiration behind the name you chose for your blog?
Jan and I are big skincare fanatics. We take it seriously. After dithering between some names we decided that we wanted a name that could capture how we feel about skin. Good skin, all day err’day. But also, all night. Err’night. Basically, good skin always.
2. Which city would you love to move to and why?
Seminyak, Bali. Bali is one of my favourite places I’ve traveled to and it’s comforting and exciting at the same time. Plus my skin and hair really love the heat and humidity.
3. Who is the one person that can cheer you up no matter how rubbish you feel?
My best friend. She can tell right away when I want to vent or when I want her to deflect how I feel with an amusing story.
4. What is your favourite type of cuisine?
5. If you could only use one lipstick/balm/gloss for the rest of your life, what would it be?
It doesn’t exist yet, so I’m going to have to take creative license with this. NARS Heat Wave with built-in SPF. It’s the most amazing, universally flattering red-orange and everyone needs to wear SPF on their lips every day.
6. If your teenage son/daughter wanted to read your blog, would you let them in?
Sure, but I’d think twice when sharing personal anecdotes if they were going to be reading it.
7. What is your favourite flower?
8. What meals would you have dehydrated and vaccum packed if you had to travel to space?
Salmon sashimi, tsukamen ramen, spring rolls. For dessert: coconut sticky rice with mangos.
9. Where do you do most of your blogging?
Mostly at home on the couch.
10. Which sport do you love to watch more than play?
Hockey. I don’t play, but I love to watch, especially during playoffs. It’s my Canadian showing.
11. What’s one piece of advice you’d give to your teenage self?
Beauty-wise: Keep on slathering that SPF.
Generally: Keep being weird. An ordinary life is a mediocre one.
11 random facts about me
1. I am carded on a regular basis, to the point I triple-check I have ID with me when I go to the liquor store or out to eat.
2. I don’t like having my photograph taken. As a result, I don’t like selfies. It’s rare if not impossible to find a makeupped version of me on the site. Candid shots don’t count, obviously.
3. After years of caffeine and sugar, my body can no longer tolerate it. So sad.
4. I can play the flute.
5. For any Myers-Briggs enthusiasts out there I’m pretty sure I’m an ENFP (but there’s a slight possibility I could be an INFP or an ENFJ).
6. My favourite place is not Sephora or a beauty department store. It’s the library. A free place to explore new places, worlds and concepts? With Wi-Fi, power outlets and comfy chairs?
7. I hula hoop. Like this!
8. I prefer to use stairs over escalators.
9. I hate ice cream.
10. In most personal, casual conversations I tend to speak with interrobangs. (?! <- These things. Jan can vouch for this.)
11. I prefer flats, but I can run in heels so long as they are over 3”/7 cm. No wedges. True story.
And The nominees are…
The questions for my nominees
1. If you could be a character from any artistic work (cartoons included) what would you be and why?
2. If you could use one word to describe yourself, what would it be?
3. If I were to play tourist in your city, what’s one place I’d have to visit and why?
4. What is your favourite book and why?
5. What is your dream job?
6. Which city would you never get tired of visiting or living in?
7. Who is the person who has made the deepest impact in your life?
8. If you were to win the lottery or gain a hefty inheritance, what would you spend it on?
9. You are gifted with superhero powers. Which one do you choose for yourself?
10. Blame the beauty enthusiast in me but what is one product that you can’t live without?
11. What is your blogging process?
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post or displaying it using a ‘widget’ or a ‘gadget’. (The best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer the 11 questions about yourself.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award. they should have less than 200 followers.
6. Set them 11 new questions to answer in their post.
7.. List these rules in your post.
Once you have written and published it, you then have to –
8. Inform the people that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!).