Ah! If only every empties post could be as plentiful as this one! Alas, this month was very special in no small part due to this month’s theme: Sample Swag September.
I realize it’s well into October now, but better late than never!
1. Sephora Express Nail Polish: Before I got the most ridiculous – read, amazing – impromptu manicure at a Tony Moly during my expat days, I was not much of a nail polish user. Now I love to have a few coats on my hands, though I prefer a pedicure more. (They last longer).
I went through this bottle pretty quickly – a couple months. It is incredibly effective. It isn’t as good as my ultimate HG polish remover – that spot is reserved for Etude House’s Acetone-Free Nail Remover – but it does do the job.
With respect to Etude’s nail remover: not to worry! Your nails stay in tact and on your fingers; it’s just the polish that’ll disappear!
2. Nature Republic UV lock flower non-chemical sun liquid: I love this thing. I first got my hands on it as an expat but have continued to repurchase outside of Korea. This is a good mineral sun block, suitable for the face and body. This truly is a liquid: fluid, light and doesn’t weigh down my skin. It provides lasting protection and doesn’t irritate my skin.
3. Bioderma Créaline (Sensibio): This is the most amazing thing ever! It’s on par with oil cleansers, double cleansing and my Luna. I don’t know what more I can say about this brush that won’t end in hysterical fawning. All I leave you with is this: buy the damn thing. It is the most amazing thing in life.
4. L’Oréal Ombrelle SPF 60: This is the best! I used all of this on my holiday and it was the…well, the best! I was a beach bum for most of my vacation and I never once got a sunburn. With all the time I spent in the water and on and near the sand I’m really surprised I didn’t tan more than I did.
5. Missha all-around safe block SPF 25: I love a good SPF. I normally don’t go through so much sun block, even during summer, but I did go on holiday recently. This applied on my skin wonderfully. It didn’t leave any greasy residue and it didn’t feel too heavy on my skin. I felt protected for a very long time.
6. Olay cleansing wipes: I hate to say this, but I definitely would buy this – or something similar – again. I have a love-hate relationship with wipes. They don’t really count as cleansing, but I know without them I would be bereft. And I would go to bed with makeup more often that I can care to admit.
These are really great for getting in after a really late night, on flights and during travel and anywhere proper cleansing isn’t really an option.
sample selection saturday empties
sample swag september empties