Another month, another empties post!
This month, I finished a couple of items I’ve already reviewed and am in the process of replacing and repurchasing.
1. Thayer’s Witch Hazel with Aloe toner: This has two of my favourite products to calm and moisturize my skin: witch hazel and aloe. This toner is great at toning my face and picking up leftover makeup and dirt that cleansing leaves behind. It’s also great at prepping my skin for my serum and regular moisturizer and can be used as a spritzer to refresh skin throughout the day.
Thayer’s toners can be found at Whole Foods, natural health stores and online.
2. Aromatica Rose Absolute First Serum: This is more of a two-in-one product because it feels like a toner and a serum. And, if you’re so inclined, you can even use it as a moisturizer for the warmer months. I like almost everything about this product – it calms my skin, is gentle, has natural ingredients, chic packaging, multiple uses and it lasted a long time. What I don’t like about it now is its cost and accessibility.
Outside of Korea, it can only be bought online at a small number of retailers.
3. Coconut oil: I love coconut oil! I’ve forgotten which brand this used to be – the label got rubbed away by the oil – but it doesn’t really matter. What does matter is that the oil has to be cold-pressed and organic. I’ve used this as an allover moisturizer, face cleanser, hair treatment, eye makeup remover and to keep my teeth super white (oil pulling). I could go on, but I love coconut oil’s many uses so much it deserves its own post.
Can be found at most grocery stores.
4. Nature Republic pearl de caviar cleanser: I talked about this cleanser before. It was a pretty good cleanser and had good value. This is a deluxe sample size (50 ml) and it lasted an insane amount of time. Several months, with twice daily usage. I didn’t need to use a lot of product because it foamed up really well. And I really loved the scent. It didn’t smell so much to be overpowering; it was just enough to leave a subtle scent which washed away pretty quickly.
Pearl de Caviar cleanser is sold in 150ml bottles at Nature Republic stores and online.
5. Skinfood 40 percent shea butter body cream: This really helped to soothe and moisturize my dry skin last winter. I mostly used it on my hands and took it everywhere with me. The tube, which is so convenient, lived almost exclusively in my purse. It’s a nice, rich cream that left my skin moisturized even hours later.
Skinfood can be purchased online.